Friday 9 September 2011

Travels to Ubud

Today we're off on an epic journey to Ubud.

Ok, it's about 1 hour in an air conditioned van - still it'll be the most traveling I've done since landing in Bali two weeks ago. Ubud is north of our part of town, away from the beach and set in a landscape filled with rice paddies and picturesque village life. The centre of Ubud itself is busy - chock full of shops, restaurants, spas etc etc. We're heading to a villa for a couple of days for some peaceful, scenic... well, sitting around mostly.

Then we've booked a night at the elephant safari park - inhabited by rescued Sumatran elephants. The big draw for me is the opportunity to wash the baby elephants before breakfast!! I've been pretty slack with the photo taking so far, but I will definitely be snapping away on this one.

Phil is very keen to climb Mt Batur the following day. The goal is to arrive at the summit at sunrise, so we'd depart at about 4am. There's about 2 hours of uphill walking involved, but the views are reportedly spectacular. I have packed for the walk, but I'm not convinced I'm going to make it... Stay tuned.


- Posted using an elephant tusk and a pair of hiking boots

Location:Jalan Plawa,Kuta,Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment