Thursday 29 September 2011

Ubud

We have had a fantastic few days in Ubud. It's probably been amongst the most activity filled days of the trip so far. We ventured on our first real tour, went on a looong walk through the rice fields and villages that surround Ubud and I had the spa day to end all spa days. Aahhhhh... Oh, so good.

Today I will be picking up the essential lead that allows me to transfer photos from the camera to the iPad so I can stop ripping off Internet pics to represent our trip. Yay! This will probably mean a few posts full of photos - feel free to skip if boring! GOMP claimed that I was likely losing readership due to the inauthentic photo postings, which appears to borne out in the lack of comments lately (sob)...

So I'm holding off on stories of the Ubud adventures until I have the photographic evidence! But I can record my wonderful spa day... If you're ever in Ubud and in need of a serious relaxation day, I can recommend the Bali Botanical full day spa outing.

You are collected from your hotel by car at 9.30am and taken down the road to a building hovering over a river and surrounded by jungle. The pre-lunch treatments were a traditional Balinese lulur (spice body scrub) followed by flower bath and a facial.

The website advertises lunch as a "light" snack at a nearby restaurant. I thought, good to have a light lunch if you're going back for more massagey goodness. A car comes to collect you to take you to the nearby lunch venue.

Hmmm... Some false advertising there. This was lunch, which was arranged at a gorgeous restaurant in Ubud:




Yes that is panfried barramundi with gnocchi. And it was delicious. And I couldn't finish it. Not even close. And yes, there was a first course of soup which I didn't think to photograph, mostly because I didn't expect more! And there was more. That's lemon curd tart with vanilla bean ice cream:




And coffee:





After lunch there was a two and a half-hour Aryuvedic massage with warm oils followed by a hair cremebath (conditioning treatment). I got back to the hotel at 5.45pm. I could barely walk by the end of it and sort of floated back to the room. Meanwhile Phil spent the day running around Ubud (literally) and taking photos. I think I made the better choice... Just heaven!

To all my friends of the Jewish persuasion - Shana tova. Wishing you a sweet and prosperous year.


- Posted using Aryuvedic techniques as first taught by the Hopi Indians

Location:Jalan Campuhan,Ubud,Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment